Thursday 1 March 2012

Chicken Allergies

It pays to be prepared, even in a snow storm. Allergies to food by smell can happen without warning!
We found out that chicken can no longer be cooked at my place without me having a bad Asthma attack - even with the fan on. My allergy to chicken is now severe enough that I need to be extremely careful. Pizza Ranch does serve lots of chicken, but has GF pizza. We may be heading there for B-day celebration. However, before that, my sister and I will have to find out if they can keep my pizza from getting chicken juice in it. If not, then we'll have to go to Noodles and Company. They do have tall booths that will keep chicken from other orders away from me.
Bottom line is your allergies to anything can become more severe as you age, requiring you to take an epi-pen sooner then you think. I used my inhaler and am taking antihistamines. We were still snowed in from the snow storm. Accidents were aplenty on the roads. I did not want to go out in, so was hoping I'd not have to take my inhaler. She used to be able to cook chicken at home without my reacting to it, as long as the fan was on AND I stayed out of the kitchen. 
I'm very tired, so will be sleeping a lot these next few days. Consequently, my project of rechecking links and recipes won't happen until next week. 
 
What Follows is for Believers Only. I decided to post this here, because I really feel strongly that this message needs to get out there. My only intent is to help alleviate the judgement and harassment that believers with food allergies tend to experience within the body of believers. This does not apply to the world at large or any other faith. I am writing this based on my experiences only, and will only post this once and here alone. [This is because this is a business site and some people will be extremely offended by this because they are of the opinion that God answer all prayer in OUR favour and will heal us of everything that we demand healing of without questions asked. I do not agree. Thanks for you understanding!]
 ps. Those who are Believers and believe that we are to be healed of ALL allergies and if we are not, then there is something wrong with us. This only applies to those who the Lord convicts of doing these things. This does not apply to anyone else, because I do not think the Lord has this to apply to you at this time. Thanks!
Please keep in mind the it is the Lord Jesus who heals and chooses whether or heal or not to heal. He does NOT take orders from us and only takes our prayers as a request. He is your God and should be respected as such. This means that You should respect HIS wishes and believe that if someone was not healed, then it is because HE has a greater plan in not healing them. This is why I created this website. If HE would have healed me, then I would never have gave tuppance about non-believers with food allergies. I would never have bothered trying to create recipes for those with EE/EGID who want a cake that has only the few foods they can eat. There are many Believers with food allergies and God has not healed and has decided to not heal. We have all fallen short of the Glory of God and have sin in our lives. Thus, it is NOT sin that causes us to not be healed. It is NOT lack of faith that causes us to not be healed. It is NOT the act of not praying hard enough, long enough, or pressing in enough that causes us to not be healed. We are not healed because someone up there cared enough to cause a greater good to come out of this. I personally believe that one greater good HE wants out of this is YOU to get out of your comfort zone and stop harassing us, discriminating against, and making our lives hell because of YOUR insecurities and judgemental attitudes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment