Monday 5 March 2012

Inadvertant Discrimination on my website

UPDATE: EVERYTHING WORKS NOW!  JAWS users, please comment if you have issues with my website, being as specific as you can. Thanks! If I can figure out the fix, I will.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Great News! My website now has new accessibility features so that those of you who need greater contrast will now have it on ALL pages. A cookie will remember your choice. However, I need to change the code on all of my pages so that your choice will be reflected across the website. This may take some time.
==>> If there is a colour combination that works best for you, just comment to THIS POST and I'll create a button just for you! Thanks! <<==

 
[old]
Sorry, but I have yet to figure out HOW to make my website changeable so that YOU can choose YOUR colour scheme. I am still working on this and will not stop trying to figure this out until I finally have a website that works for all. :P on me!

What am I doing? There is a little JS you can add to your website that will allow a click of the button to switch between CSS sheets. The problem is that this code worked on someone else's website but has never worked on mine. When I can figure this out, then I will add this code to ALL of my pages so that you can choose your background colour and text colour. These colours will include my fave black background with bright blue text, yellow background and black text, and other more common combinations.
[end old]

To increase the font size on my website, many browsers allow you to do this by simply clicking " ctrl + ", making the clicking on larger "A" to increase the font size, not necessary.

JAWS readers: I do not know if my website is JAWS friendly or not. However, I do use a horizontal navigation system and do use the "||" at the end of a series of links to indicate the end of the links. I only do this where several links are presented, instead of 1 or 2 links.

If a JAWS user gives me good feedback as to what works and what does not work, I can then see what I can tweak in order to fix the issues any JAWS readers may have. Until I get this feedback, I will have no way of knowing what works and what does not work.
Thanks!

.ps When I can afford to hire a programmer, I will get many of these issues fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment